"Full Screen Web Browser is a great Safari companion for its cheap 99¢ price."
Already have Full Screen on your iPhone? Make sure to install the Full Screen bookmark.How does it work? Simple! Give your iPhone or iPod Touch a shake to bring the buttons and address bar into view, then enter a URL and the control bars will slide out of view for a true full-screen experience. Surf the web exactly like you do in Safari: tap on links, swipe to scroll, double-tap or even pinch and spread your fingers to zoom in or out.
Full screen web browsing
- 25% more viewable area than Safari in portrait mode
- Almost 40% more viewable area than Safari in landscape mode!
- Same web browsing experience as Safari on the iPhone: tap links, scrolling, zooming, etc.
- Back and forward buttons for easy navigation through your session history
Have questions about using Full Screen Web Browser? Check out our help page.Horizontal/Landscape support
Horizontal mode is fully supported. Rotate your device right or left for larger and easier to read text and larger images. The address and button bars are also available when your device is rotated-just give it a shake!
Private web browsing
Full Screen does not save any history of your activity on the web between sessions. Recent activity is only used for the "back" and "forward" actions. Simply tap the home button and your browsing history is gone.
Complete Safari Integration
- Send any web page to Safari whenever you like by tapping the action button and then "Open in Safari"
- Send any web page back to Full Screen from Safari using our custom bookmark.
Have Full Screen load your favorite page when it first launches. Your homepage can be easily set by tapping the action button and then the "Set as Home Page" button while you are on the page. The homepage address can also be set in the iPhone Settings app.
Send a Link
Email anyone a link to a web page by tapping the action button and then "Email Link".
- Ars Technica
- Mobile Tech Addicts
- Tim O'Brien Photos
- 8 O'Clock Posts
- iTouchable (translated from German)
- Diggita.it (translated from Italian)
- iPhone Italia (translated from Italian)
- iPhoned.nl (translated from Dutch)
- iPhone Installer video review (Danish)
- AppBank (translated from Japanese)
Full Screen Web Browser 1.1.1 - April 21, 2009
- Portrait/landscape rotation greatly improved
- Fixed "Unsupported URL" error from links on Google mobile homepage
- Fixed many situations where "new window" links were not working
- Improved page loading speed
Full Screen Web Browser 1.1 - March 4, 2009By popular demand, BOOKMARKS have been added to this release!
- Add, delete, reorder and edit bookmarks (even edit the URL while adding!)
- Default bookmarks include link to Safari bookmarklet instructions. Use it to send any page you're viewing in Safari to Full Screen Web Browser
- Links to new windows now work by opening link in same window (until tabs are supported)
- Larger text in address bar
- Page dims while focus on address bar
- Keyboard background less transparent for better readability
- Minimum iPhone OS version changed to 2.0
- Disabled status bar network activity indicator
- Shake sensitivity tuned
- Page load errors now display alert with reason for failure
- Redirects now update address bar
- Keyboard Go button disabled while address bar is empty
- Tapping in address bar now cancels page load and prevents initial full screen switch
- Added placeholder text to address bar
- Fixed auto-switch while action buttons were visible
- Fixed issue where occasionally an incorrect URL was sent to Safari, Mail or set as homepage
- Fixed issue preventing Full Screen from launching correctly on some devices
- Performance improvements